Thursday

The Best Ever Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Recipe

Many gluten free pastries recipes depend on the wheat flour to complete the recipe.  At last I after 2 years of testing I have come up with the perfect flour recipe.  Here is the recipe.
  Wait first lets go over a few things.  A blend of Brown rice flour which adds the best flavor combine with potato starch, arrow root flour and xanthan gum or guar gum.  I use arrow root even though almost all gluten free flours have tapioca flour I can not stand the flavor of tapioca flour.  It leaves a really bad after taste in your mouth.  For that I use arrow root flour instead.

Gluten Free Flour Recipe
2 cups brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup arrow root flour
1t xanthan gum or guar gum

That is it use this recipe in any recipe that calls for wheat flour and remember you can substitute cup for cup with this.  The only thing I would not use this for is bread recipes.  Gluten free bread recipes are more complex than regular bread recipes.  I go into great detail later.

No comments:

Post a Comment